On behalf of the 2016 organizing committee, you are invited to participate in the 23rd Annual Mike Cassidy Legacy CF Golf Classic, held on Thursday, May 5, 2016, at the Newlands Golf & Country Club. This ever popular event often sells out and includes lots of fun on-course activities and closes with a fantatsic dinner. During dinner, silent and live auctions are run, offering everything from consumer goods to unique travel packages.Read More
Raising Our Voice
Support from government at every level is essential to meet the needs of people in Canada affected by cystic fibrosis (CF). We are committed to advocating for policies and programs that enable people with CF to have access to excellent healthcare.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada works with people with CF, caregivers and CF clinicians to ensure the expertise and perspective of the CF community helps shape health policy.
How We Take Action
Cystic Fibrosis Canada believes that working with government and legislators is a vital part of raising the voice of people in Canada affected by cystic fibrosis. We do this by:
- Advocating for equitable and affordable access to medicines and treatments
- Advocating for the inclusion of cystic fibrosis in every provincial newborn screening program
- Increasing awareness of cystic fibrosis and Cystic Fibrosis Canada among government and legislators
- Supporting volunteer advocates to take action for improved access to CF care
- Engaging in public policy dialogue at the national and provincial levels
Why We Take Action
Our advocacy efforts are based on our organization’s strategic direction of influencing policy making and resource allocation through advocacy. We take action to:
- Secure equitable access to prescribed therapies (including drugs, devices and treatments) – e.g. by advocating for CF drugs to be listed on provincial and territorial formularies
- Improve the quality of life for people living with cystic fibrosis – e.g. by advocating for better care
- Make newborn screening for cystic fibrosis a universal standard of care in Canada – e.g. by calling on Quebec to include cystic fibrosis in their provincial newborn screening program as the other provinces and territories have done
Raise Your Voice
Cystic Fibrosis Canada gives a voice to all people in Canada affected by cystic fibrosis. We invite you to join our efforts. Visit the Take Action Now to find out how you can raise your voice.
Sign up to receive news, updates and opportunities for action.