Happy Family Day to those living in; Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and (belated wishes to) British Columbia!
While some of us Canadians have the day off to spend with our families, we here at Cystic Fibrosis Canada believe every day can be “family day”.
So in honour of family day, we have gathered a few resources to help those who live with CF and the people who love them spend quality time together:
- As part of our Virtual Education Program for Patients and Caregivers, Cystic Fibrosis Canada hosted an educational webinar for parents and caregivers of children with CF. Lisa C. Greene, author of three books on parenting children with health issues, certified Family Life Educator, and mother of two teenagers with CF, delivered an engaging presentation on practical tools and skills to help deal with the everyday challenges of living with CF.
- How do you explain CF to those around you? Cystic fibrosis affects the entire family, so it’s important to discuss openly with everyone. If you have any questions about this or other topics like this, your clinic social worker is a great resource.
- Living with CF and thinking of starting your own family? Read about CF and fertility here.
- Looking forward to some quality time with loved ones, but feeling exhausted? Here is a round-up of low key hangout idea from our community.
- Megan Parker, a mother of two living with CF, discussed her journey with starting a family and shares the advice she hopes to leave her sons in this recent blog post.