Publicly Traded Securities
It’s easy to make a gift of publicly traded securities, mutual funds or stocks. This type of donation starts working immediately and offers you and Cystic Fibrosis Canada valuable benefits.
- It's easy - securities can be transferred electronically
- By transferring your securities directly to our organization, you eliminate the capital gains tax
- You receive a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of the stock upon transfer
- If your donation exceeds the amount eligible for a tax credit in the year your gift is made, the excess credit may be carried forward for up to five years
- Your estate will receive a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of the stock if you leave a gift of securities to Cystic Fibrosis Canada in your will.
How to give a gift of securities
- Download the Gifts of Publicly Traded Securities form.
- Fax or mail a copy of the completed form to your broker or investment advisor who will handle the transfer to Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
- Send a copy of this form to Cystic Fibrosis Canada attn. Emily Clark, Fund Development Coordinator by fax, 416-485-5707 or by email, email@example.com.
For more information, call 416-485-9149 ext 242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and speak with Emily Clark, Fund Development Coordinator.
The information provided on this Web site is general in nature and is not intended as legal or tax advice. Cystic Fibrosis Canada can help you realize your wish to support cystic fibrosis research and care in Canada by working with you and your financial and/or legal professional advisors.