On behalf of the organizing committee, you are invited to participate in the Annual Mike Cassidy Legacy CF Golf Classic, held at the Newlands Golf & Country Club. This ever popular event often sells out and includes lots of fun on-course activities and closes with a fantatsic dinner. During dinner, silent and live auctions are run, offering everything from consumer goods to unique travel packages.Read More
Gifts of Publicly Traded Securities
It’s easy to make a gift of publicly traded securities, mutual funds or stocks. This type of donation starts working immediately and offers you and Cystic Fibrosis Canada valuable benefits.
BENEFITS OF MAKING A GIFT OF PUBLICLY TRADED SECURITIES:
- It’s easy – securities can be transferred electronically
- By transferring your securities directly to Cystic Fibrosis Canada, you eliminate the capital gains tax
- You receive a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of the stock upon transfer
- If your donation exceeds the amount eligible for a tax credit in the year your gift is made, the excess credit may be carried forward for up to five years
- Reduce taxes to your estate: If you leave publicly traded securities to Cystic Fibrosis Canada through your will, your taxable capital gain may be eliminated and your estate many claim a tax credit of up to 100% of your net annual income in the year of death and the year preceding
HOW TO GIVE A GIFT OF SECURITIES:
Please follow these two steps to make your gift:
- Use the Gifts of Publicly Traded Securities Form to instruct your broker to initiate the trade and transfer of shares to Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- Send a copy of this form to Yazen Abed at Cystic Fibrosis Canada by fax, 416-485-5707 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Cystic Fibrosis Canada must receive a copy of this form in order to provide you with a tax receipt and properly acknowledge your gift.
For more information, please email Yazen Abed at email@example.com
Please seek legal and/or financial advice from a professional. The information provided on this web site is general in nature and is not intended as legal or tax advice. Cystic Fibrosis Canada can help you realize your wish to support cystic fibrosis research and care in Canada by working with you and your financial and/or legal professional advisors.