Come hike with us on October 1 for the Defibrose Mont-Sainte-Anne's return in person! Visit www.defibrosemsa.com/en-ca for more details and to register.Read More
Bilingual Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is looking for our next Bilingual Coordinator, Marketing & Communications to take us FURTHER.
Further to lengthen lifespans and improve lives. Further in ensuring the care and support needed is available. Further in accessing critical medicines. Further until all people with cystic fibrosis can and do experience everything life has to offer. Are you ready to help us go FURTHER?
Apply today and change lives tomorrow.
Who are we?
Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CF Canada) is a national charitable not-for-profit corporation established in 1960 and is one of the world’s top three charitable organizations committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF). As an internationally recognized leader in funding innovation and clinical care, we invest more in life-saving CF research and care than any other non-governmental agency in Canada. We are motivated and driven by our incredible community, and we endeavour to practice our core values of empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation in all that we do.
Role and Impact
Working closely with the Manager of Communications, the Bilingual Coordinator Marketing & Communications stays informed about the market and industry trends, while helping to strategize, project manage and implement communications and marketing plans. Day to day, you may create or coordinate French content, track results, draft reports, build relationships with internal teams, and otherwise support all digital marketing initiatives for departmental priorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH
- Assist with promoting and helping to facilitate resources for the French community, including webinars and Facebook lives
- Leverage relationships with community members and include their stories in our campaigns, blog, social media and web content, wherever possible
- Working with the Quebec team, update the story bank with French community members as required
Marketing and Communications:
- Provide French expertise on all national branding initiatives (i.e. assistance in developing names for programs, slogans, etc.)
- Support the development, sometimes in partnership with agencies, of French assets such as videos, photo shoots with French community members, etc.
- Provide counsel to Digital Specialist on CF Canada’s French national site (i.e. reviewing translations, feedback on layout, etc.)
- Provide support on the French versions of CF Canada’s publications (i.e. newsletter, annual report) and national campaigns and communications (i.e. reviewing translated copy and layouts, counsel on how to tailor to French audience, and if needed, drafting copy)
- Assist in monitoring and managing national French social media accounts
- Support on projects as needed
- Advise Director, Government and Community Relations on issues arising from social and traditional media monitoring on matters specific to health policy and access to drugs and therapies in Quebec
- Provide French communications support on advocacy announcements and initiatives (could include social media posting, drafting specific communications for Quebec, liaising with French clinicians and advocates as spokespeople, etc.)
- Attend advocacy / marketing comms meetings and provide general support as needed.
- On occasion, assist with developing French government relations documents (i.e. letters, etc.)
- Identify community spokespeople for PR outreach
- Help prepare French spokespeople for media interviews
- Serve as liaison for French media, pitch and coordinate media interviews
- Review key translations for tone, key messages, etc.
- Review drafts of key content in layout – i.e. emails to community, etc.
What You Bring
- Minimum of two years’ experience producing high impact, thoughtful and persuasive content and collateral meant to influence and inform current and prospective constituents, donors and other key stakeholders
- Experience and expertise in digital platforms including Engaging Networks, Sprout Social, WordPress, and social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Strong written and verbal skills in both French and English, including a demonstrated ability to write for different platforms including email campaigns, websites and social media, with a keen attention to detail, accessibility standards and user experience
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and manage multiple responsibilities with competing and changing priorities
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment preferred
- Bilingualism (English and French) is required
What We Offer
- Collaborative, dynamic, and passionate work environment, with colleagues who are driven and motivated for this community
- A company culture rooted in empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation
- RRSP matching and benefits program
- Flexible working schedule
- Hybrid work model offered
Please submit your resume and cover letter directly through LinkedIn and include your salary expectations.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to culture, ethnicity, race, color, religion, beliefs, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at all stages of the hiring process.