Servus! Join us for a brew or two at the 2019 Fusion Gala: Oktoberfest. Guests will enjoy an evening filled with delicious dining, lively entertainment, and the chance to participate in silent and live auctions, as well as our signature Key to a Cure. O zapft is!Read More
Gifts of Life Insurance
A gift of life insurance is a simple way to make a substantial gift to Cystic Fibrosis Canada. Simply name Cystic Fibrosis Canada as the beneficiary, or owner and beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy.
Even a small commitment can provide significant benefit to people with cystic fibrosis.
BENEFITS OF MAKING A GIFT OF LIFE INSURANCE:
- A gift of life insurance does not reduce the value of your estate for your loved ones.
- Life insurance proceeds are paid directly to Cystic Fibrosis Canada and are not subject to probate and estate fees as your life insurance exists outside these settlement processes.
- You will be helping to make a difference in the lives of people living with cystic fibrosis through an investment in our mission.
- When Cystic Fibrosis Canada is the named beneficiary, it will issue a charitable tax receipt for any proceeds received after death. This charitable tax receipt creates a tax credit on your final tax return.
LIFE INSURANCE OPTIONS:
- Name Cystic Fibrosis Canada as the owner and beneficiary of a Policy. Pay the premiums and receive a charitable income tax receipt.
- Transfer a paid up life insurance policy to Cystic Fibrosis Canada by naming CFC as the irrevocable owner/beneficiary. Receive a tax receipt for the fair market value of the policy (determined by an actuary) upon receipt.
- You may make a gift of an existing policy on which premiums are still being paid by transferring ownership to Cystic Fibrosis Canada. Receive a charitable tax receipt for all future premium payments.
- Retain ownership of your policy and name Cystic Fibrosis Canada as the direct beneficiary. Your estate will receive a tax receipt for the value of the policy.
We recommend you discuss your gift intentions with your Life Insurance Company or financial advisor to determine which type of insurance best suits your needs. When you are ready, we would be pleased to assist you in completing your gift.
For more information, please contact Sarah Asgari at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-378-2233 ext. 304.
Please seek legal and/or financial advice from a professional. The information provided on this web site is general in nature and is not intended as legal or tax advice. Cystic Fibrosis Canada can help you realize your wish to support cystic fibrosis research and care in Canada by working with you and your financial and/or legal professional advisors.