How to Take Action
You’re ready to take action! Thank you for joining the fight for access to life-saving cystic fibrosis treatments in Canada.
actions You can take right now
We need your help to tell provincial elected officials that Canadians living with cystic fibrosis can’t continue to wait. You can take action in any of these ways:
- Help get access to #TrikaftaToday– visit our #CFcantwait page to send a letter; sign a petition, access resources and more.
- Join our National Advocacy Network of volunteers across Canada, enabling us to actively influence public policy related to cystic fibrosis nationwide. All are welcome! No experience needed, just passion and determination to make change.
- Sign up for ‘The Advocacy Brief’ e-newsletter to get advocacy updates, including news about getting access to Trikafta, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Download the Media Pitch toolkit for social media and PR tips that will help you share your story with provincial decision makers and media
toolkit: advocating for access to life-saving medicines
The purpose of this Take Action Toolkit is to provide members of the CF community with strategies, resources and informative messaging to help them execute various advocacy initiatives. The Take Action Toolkit provides necessary material needed to be active in both government and media relations. Here you’ll find resources for arranging meetings with elected officials, briefing notes for attending meetings and guidelines to prepare. Community members may also use creative material for social media posts and tips for traditional media pitching.
If you have any questions about the Take Action Toolkit please contact email@example.com.
take action toolkit:
Download these advocacy tools and use them for meetings with members of provincial Parliaments.
- Coming soon
These tools provide messaging and tips you can use to spread the message further.
- Four ways you can stand up and make your voice heard
- Tips for pitching to traditional media
- Social media tips
Creative tools you can download and use:
Download these creative assets to use on your social media.
Last updated December 2020
As always, we are here to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-378-2233.
#CFCANTWAIT Hashtag Wall
Share your story using #CFcantwait and it will be featured on our new hashtag wall.
- Post to Twitter using #CFcantwait
- Post to Facebook using #CFcantwait & tag Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- Post to Instagram using #CFcantwait
Thank you for supporting Canadians living with cystic fibrosis!