Curious how volunteering for a few hours can directly fund cystic fibrosis (CF) clinics, research grants and the registry?Read More
How to Take Action
You’re ready to take action! Thank you for joining the fight for access to life-saving cystic fibrosis treatments in Canada.
actions You can take right now
Act Now! Let’s Go #FurtherTogether
This May during Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month, help Canadian children and adults with cystic fibrosis access the life-changing medicine they need. Join us as we go #FurtherTogether for access to Trikafta for ALL who can benefit from it, in every province and territory across Canada.
There are three actions you can take to help ensure all Canadians who need it get access to Trikafta.
- Write! Send a letter to your provincial elected official, using our template, and tell them how they can help.
- Meet! Join our #FurtherTogether Meeting Challenge and get tools & tips to meet with your provincial elected official.
- Donate! Make a donation today to help fund the fight for access to life-saving medicines.
Take these key actions that will help to fuel and further our fight for access to Trikafta.Visit our #FurtherTogether page today to learn more.
No matter how you choose to get involved, you can help protect Canadian children from the cumulative and irreversible damage that happens growing up with cystic fibrosis. And help to lessen the decline in health of so many others living with cystic fibrosis. Please act now.
Further actions to HELP get ACCESS to #TRIKAFTATODAY
- Raise your voice and share a video on Social Media
The power of compelling, heartfelt videos to influence government decisions makers should not be underestimated. Make a short video to share your story and tell decision makers what access to Trikafta would mean to you and why no one should be left behind. Share it on social media using the hashtag #TrikaftaToday and tag your Premier and Minister of Health.
- Help pressure politicians by contacting your Local News Media
Reach out to your local news media. Use our media toolkit for all the tips and tricks for a successful pitch. You can also share our press release. We've made it easy for you. The media toolkit also covers on how to share your story and influence decision makers today.
- Amplify CF Content
Like! Comment! Share! When you see a news article or social post about CF or access to Trikafta , make sure you engage with it. Tag your provincial elected officials and use #TrikaftaToday. The more engagement a piece of content gets, the more likely it is to be seen by key media or government decision makers.
- Share this video with key decision makers
Share this video of CF Advocate, Lilia, to educate and inform decision makers about the incredible impact of Trikafta. #CFcantwait #TrikaftaToday
5. Advocate to Canada’s private insurers for Trikafta
Trikafta is needed now. Yet too many private insurance companies are lagging in adding this life-changing drug to their coverage, causing suffering for Canadians with cystic fibrosis. It is time for Canada’s private insurers to do better for Canadians living with cystic fibrosis.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is providing a toolkit you can use to advocate on behalf of yourself, or someone else, to these private insurers. If you wish to advocate to these companies, send the toolkit to representatives of your chosen private insurance company and ask them to:
- Fund Trikafta immediately, for all who could benefit.
- Use Industry-appropriate assessment tools designed for the private insurance sector, not those that are developed for Canada’s public, government subsidized insurance plans.
- Where there are delays in obtaining individual coverage, provide timely notice of a temporary denial so people can access public coverage while they wait for private coverage to kick in.
How to use the private insurance toolkit
The contents of the toolkit are:
- An open letter from Cystic Fibrosis Canada to Canada's private insurers, calling upon them to act now for Canadians who need Trikafta
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada’s submission to CADTH
- The CFCanAct clinical trial network’s submission to CADTH
- The Cystic Fibrosis Canada Health Care Advisory Committee submission to CADTH
- Canadian Clinical Consensus Guideline for Initiation, Monitoring and Discontinuation of CFTR Modulator Therapies for Patients with Cystic Fibrosis, a guidance document prepared by experts in cystic fibrosis care in Canada.
Craft your email to the relevant private insurance company and draw upon the evidence provided in the three CADTH submissions. This will give you an evidence-based approach to demonstrate the impact Trikafta has and substantiate your claims that this drug is needed now. You can also attach the open letter from Kelly Grover and the Clinical Guidelines to provide further guidance on the best ways they can help their clients living with CF.
Reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
As always, we are here to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-378-2233.
#CFCANTWAIT Hashtag Wall
Share your story using #CFcantwait and it will be featured on our new hashtag wall.
- Post to Twitter using #CFcantwait
- Post to Facebook using #CFcantwait & tag Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- Post to Instagram using #CFcantwait
Thank you for supporting Canadians living with cystic fibrosis!