How to Take Action
You’re ready to take action! Thank you for joining the fight for access to life-saving cystic fibrosis treatments in Canada.
Advocate to Canada’s private insurers for Trikafta
Trikafta is needed now. Yet too many private insurance companies are lagging in adding this life-changing drug to their coverage, causing suffering for Canadians with cystic fibrosis. It is time for Canada’s private insurers to do better for Canadians living with cystic fibrosis.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is providing a toolkit you can use to advocate on behalf of yourself, or someone else, to these private insurers. If you wish to advocate to these companies, send the toolkit to representatives of your chosen private insurance company and ask them to:
- Fund Trikafta immediately, for all who could benefit.
- Use Industry-appropriate assessment tools designed for the private insurance sector, not those that are developed for Canada’s public, government subsidized insurance plans.
- Where there are delays in obtaining individual coverage, provide timely notice of a temporary denial so people can access public coverage while they wait for private coverage to kick in.
How to use the private insurance toolkit
The contents of the toolkit are:
- An open letter from Cystic Fibrosis Canada to Canada's private insurers, calling upon them to act now for Canadians who need Trikafta
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada’s submission to CADTH
- The CFCanAct clinical trial network’s submission to CADTH
- The Cystic Fibrosis Canada Health Care Advisory Committee submission to CADTH
- Canadian Clinical Consensus Guideline for Initiation, Monitoring and Discontinuation of CFTR Modulator Therapies for Patients with Cystic Fibrosis, a guidance document prepared by experts in cystic fibrosis care in Canada.
Craft your email to the relevant private insurance company and draw upon the evidence provided in the three CADTH submissions. This will give you an evidence-based approach to demonstrate the impact Trikafta has and substantiate your claims that this drug is needed now. You can also attach the open letter from Kelly Grover and the Clinical Guidelines to provide further guidance on the best ways they can help their clients living with CF.
Reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
As always, we are here to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-378-2233.
#CFCANTWAIT Hashtag Wall
Share your story using #CFcantwait and it will be featured on our new hashtag wall.
- Post to Twitter using #CFcantwait
- Post to Facebook using #CFcantwait & tag Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- Post to Instagram using #CFcantwait
Thank you for supporting Canadians living with cystic fibrosis!