HOW YOU CAN HELP ACCESS #TRIKAFTATODAY
- Raise your voice and share a video on Social Media
The power of compelling, heartfelt videos to influence government decisions makers should not be underestimated. Make a short video to share your story and tell decision makers what access to Trikafta would mean to you and why no one should be left behind. Share it on social media using the hashtag #TrikaftaToday and tag your Premier and Minister of Health.
- Help pressure politicians by contacting your Local News Media
Reach out to your local news media. Use our media toolkit for all the tips and tricks for a successful pitch. You can also share our press release. We've made it easy for you. The media toolkit also covers on how to share your story and influence decision makers today.
- Amplify CF Content
Like! Comment! Share! When you see a news article or social post about CF or access to Trikafta , make sure you engage with it. Tag your provincial elected officials and use #TrikaftaToday. The more engagement a piece of content gets, the more likely it is to be seen by key media or government decision makers.
- Share this video with key decision makers
Share this video of CF Advocate, Lilia, to educate and inform decision makers about the incredible impact of Trikafta. #CFcantwait #TrikaftaToday
5. Advocate to Canada’s private insurers for Trikafta
Trikafta is needed now. Yet too many private insurance companies are lagging in adding this life-changing drug to their coverage, causing suffering for Canadians with cystic fibrosis. It is time for Canada’s private insurers to do better for Canadians living with cystic fibrosis.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is providing a toolkit you can use to advocate on behalf of yourself, or someone else, to these private insurers. If you wish to advocate to these companies, send the toolkit to representatives of your chosen private insurance company and ask them to:
- Fund Trikafta immediately, for all who could benefit.
- Use Industry-appropriate assessment tools designed for the private insurance sector, not those that are developed for Canada’s public, government subsidized insurance plans.
- Where there are delays in obtaining individual coverage, provide timely notice of a temporary denial so people can access public coverage while they wait for private coverage to kick in.
How to use the private insurance toolkit
The contents of the toolkit are:
- An open letter from Cystic Fibrosis Canada to Canada's private insurers, calling upon them to act now for Canadians who need Trikafta
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada’s submission to CADTH
- The CFCanAct clinical trial network’s submission to CADTH
- The Cystic Fibrosis Canada Health Care Advisory Committee submission to CADTH
- Canadian Clinical Consensus Guideline for Initiation, Monitoring and Discontinuation of CFTR Modulator Therapies for Patients with Cystic Fibrosis, a guidance document prepared by experts in cystic fibrosis care in Canada.
Craft your email to the relevant private insurance company and draw upon the evidence provided in the three CADTH submissions. This will give you an evidence-based approach to demonstrate the impact Trikafta has and substantiate your claims that this drug is needed now. You can also attach the open letter from Kelly Grover and the Clinical Guidelines to provide further guidance on the best ways they can help their clients living with CF.
Reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Raise your voice and help us apply pressure on key provincial decision makers to fund #TrikaftaToday. Share these articles on your social media channels and tag your minister of health and premier.
Got media coverage? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
English news articles:
- Local family hopeful after Health Canada approves drug that treats common cause of cystic fibrosis - CBC Edmonton
- The fight for a life-changing drug: Getting Trikafta approved in Alberta - CTV Edmonton
- Like so may other Canadians, this St. John's boy with CF is still waiting on a miracle - The Telegram
- 'A price on your life': Toronto cystic fibrosis patients slam review process while waiting for access to life-saving treatment – CTV Toronto
- New drug gives West Kelowna woman with cystic fibrosis a future – Kelowna News
- Life changing treatment for cystic fibrosis – CTV Atlantic
- Fort Erie family holds out hope for ‘Rolls-Royce’ of CF treatments – Fort Erie Post
- Woman’s life was changed by new cystic fibrosis medication - Port Colborne Leader
- Cystic fibrosis patients upset over recommended restrictive criteria for life-saving drug – Braford Today
- 'Like turning back the clock': Windsor dad with cystic fibrosis among patients seeking access to new therapy – CBC.ca
- ‘Holding onto life’: Cystic fibrosis patients in Ontario await access to life-saving drug approved Friday - CTV Toronto
- Cystic fibrosis life-altering drug nearing patient access across the country: Health Canada – Globalnews.ca
- Tottenham mom hopeful with new drug approval for cystic fibrosis – CTV Barrie
- Cystic Fibrosis Treatment in Spotlight - Winnipeg Free Press
- Families Want Access to Cystic Fibrosis Treatment - CTV Winnipeg