Virtual Challenge How-to Guide
The 2020 Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History has gone virtual! So what does this new, social-distancing-friendly format mean for you?
Here’s a step by step guide to how YOU can join our Virtual Walk and #walkyourway4CF.
STEP ONE – Register!
Register to walk! You can do this solo, or join a team.
When you register, you’re one step closer to helping us fund our mission work to improve the lives of people living with cystic fibrosis. Thank you!!
STEP TWO – Choose your challenge!
Decide on your own personal challenge to #walkyourway4CF. Make sure it’s social distancing friendly!
Due to COVID-19, you may not be able to get out and walk this year, so you can be creative in your choice of activity for the Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History: Virtual Challenge.
You can still choose to walk, but some other ideas include:
- stair challenges at home
- a push-up challenge
- song-writing/ singing
- artistic expressions
- walking a certain number of laps around your backyard
- running 5k every day for a week
STEP THREE: Tell your friends and family!
Tell people about your challenge and why you are going to #walkyourway4CF!
- Once signed up, update your personal fundraising page to tell your supporters about your chosen challenge and why you chose it. Don’t forget to share your ‘why’: Why are you participating in the Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History?
- Tell your social network that you’ve signed up to help make cystic fibrosis history! Use our hashtags #walkyourway4CF and #walktomakeCFhistory
- Ask your friends and family to join you and register for their challenge today
STEP FOUR - Fundraise!
Your fundraising is the most important part as it helps us fund our critical work. Here are some top tips:
- Post your fundraising asks and updates about your challenge on social media and use #walkyourway4CF and #walktomakeCFhistory (don’t forget to post on public mode so we can share your post!)
- Use our fundraising toolkit for ideas on how to fundraise while social-distancing
STEP FIVE – complete your challenge!
Before the end of Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month (May31st) besure to share videos, photos or an update with your supporters to show them you’ve completed your challenge. Be sure to use our hashtags #WalkYourWay4CF and post on public mode..
Some examples of how you could do this are:
- Add video or photos to your personal Walk fundraising page
- Livestream video of you doing your challenge and tell supporters where to watch it
- Share an Instagram story of you doing your challenge
- Share photos or video on your social media pages or by email to your supporters
CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve completed the first ever Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History: Virtual Challenge and, thanks to you and your supporters, you’ve helped us continue to our work to improve the lives of people living with CF.