National Manager, Events
Location: Remote or hybrid
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is looking for our next National Manager, Events to take us FURTHER.
Further to lengthen lifespans and improve lives. Further in ensuring the care and support needed is available. Further in accessing critical medicines. Further until all people with cystic fibrosis can and do experience everything life has to offer.
Are you ready to help us go FURTHER? Apply today and change lives tomorrow.
WHO ARE WE?
Cystic Fibrosis Canada has dramatically changed the cystic fibrosis story, advancing research and care that has more than doubled life expectancy. Since being founded by parents in 1960, Cystic Fibrosis Canada has grown into a leading organization with a central role engaging people living with cystic fibrosis, parents and caregivers, volunteers, researchers and healthcare professionals, government and donors, all working together to change lives through treatments, research, information and support. Despite remarkable progress, the fight is not yet done; children with cystic fibrosis still have only a 50% chance of living beyond their 50s. The organization’s goal is to keep pushing, keep going further, until all people with cystic fibrosis can and do experience everything life has to offer.
THE ROLE AND IMPACT
The National Manager, Events, will report to the Chief Development Officer and work alongside the National Events team, Regional Executive Directors, and their event teams to support, manage and enhance CF Canada’s national events. The National Manager will, first and foremost, be a fundraiser, and all event activities will be focused on revenue generation for the organization. Internally this position works cross-functionally with other key partners in Marcom, IT, Finance, and Mission. Externally they will work with volunteers, event participants, and other event stakeholders. This role will be responsible for event execution, logistics, operational efficiencies, and metrics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH:
- Responsible for event management of key national events (across multiple locations)
- Manage event logistics and execution, including but not limited to: working with suppliers, venues, sponsors and donors, budgets, volunteer recruitment, speaker liaisons, coordinating any applications or license requests.
- Create event critical paths, prepare site plans and production schedules as well as required event safety policies and procedures.
- Build a collaborative relationship with regional teams and work together to address specific regional characteristics, challenges, and opportunities to increase revenue.
- Create support and training documents/webinars for staff, volunteers, participants and donors • Volunteer/committee recruitment (management of process)
- Creation of event related (and fundraising) materials/processes to enhance participant experience (i.e toolkits, coaching, incentives, stewardship)
- Maintain financial tracking for event(s) and operate within the allocated budget, communicating variances, adjusting strategies, budgets and priorities as required.
- Event follow-up: Develop and deploy participant surveys, prepare wrap-up reports, summaries, evaluations, create final financial report, send thank you to participants, key vendors, and partners
- Create and implement national incentives to encourage fundraising/registration and analyze effectiveness
- Coach regional colleagues and volunteers on fundraising strategies, providing insights and materials to support their fundraising efforts/goal achievement
- Achieve event revenue targets through maximizing event participation, donations, GIK donations and sponsorship.
- Create and implement acquisition plans for both event participants and donors
- Cultivate and steward relationships with key partners, vendors, sponsors, and participants.
- Work in collaboration with internal teams across CF to ensure sponsorship benefits are met and post-event debriefs are provided in a timely manner for sponsors
Marketing and Comms
- Collaborate with internal Marcomms team to develop content for event marketing materials and promotions – executing tactics to drive event registrations and fundraising dollars/donors
- Create marketing assets to support the participant experience (digitally and in print) with an aim to drive engagement and fundraising
- Creation of stewardship/comms calendar for both participants and volunteers with a focus on segmentation and implementing innovative digital tools
- Website development (crowdchange) and content updates on key microsites (wordpress), including integration of fundraising tools (milestones etc)
- Line management of Events Associate, performing regular 1:1s, performance reviews and coaching to support their development.
- Maintain knowledge of event/fundraising landscape across Canada
- Maintain consistent data in Raisers Edge
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Positive attitude with strong event management and execution experience.
- Strong background of working on national events with key collaboration across teams for local implementation.
- Strong fundraiser with key project management skills.
- You engage and support colleagues with bold solutions and provide innovative ways of fundraising and supporting donors and participants in national event activity.
- Post-secondary certificate/diploma in Fundraising, Event Planning or another related field is a strong asset
- Minimum 4 years of fundraising event management experience
- Proven experience of managing a National Event with local implementation
- Demonstrated experience of event planning and project management including logistics, budget management, execution and vendor stewardship
- Experience with a proven track record of achieving fundraising goals.
- Experience with volunteer management and working with volunteer committees.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic virtual team environment, while also managing projects, events, initiatives, and deadlines independently, taking initiative and being proactive.
- Excellent collaboration, relationship-building and interpersonal skills, complimented by strong communication (written and verbal).
- Experience working on multiple fundraising events and the ability to multitask in a quick paced environment with competing priorities, showing high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, databases (Raisers Edge & Crowdchange an asset) as well as graphic programs (ex: Canva).
- French communication skills are an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Collaborative, dynamic, and passionate work environment, with colleagues who are driven and motivated for this community.
- A company culture rooted in empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation.
- Competitive salary, time off benefits, RRSP matching and benefits program
- Flexible working schedule (including hybrid work model)
The position can be located anywhere in Canada. Hybrid working is in effective at locations with offices: Toronto, Montreal, Western Canada.
Flexibility to travel is required as well as flexibility to work a variety of hours remotely and in person including evenings and weekends where required.
how to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “National Manager, Events” in your subject line and include your salary expectations.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to culture, ethnicity, race, color, religion, beliefs, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at all stages of the hiring process.
For additional information on our values (empathy, accountability, collaboration, and innovation), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca